Looking for the perfect beach in Barbados? Let me tell you about Brighton Beach. This beach is crazy long with barely any rocks or reefs.
The water’s pretty calm too, except for some sea urchins near the reefs.
Compared to more secluded beaches like Bottom Bay, Brighton’s got more of a lively vibe.
It’s not as crowded as Brandons Beach, but you’ll see plenty of locals and tourists. The long stretch of sand helps keep it from getting too crowded.
- On the southwest coast of Barbados, 0.6 miles from Bell Buoy
- Close to Bridgetown so you can easily explore the town
There aren’t big resorts right on the beach, but you’ve got 38 options nearby. Check out some of these hotels within a few miles of Brighton Beach:
|Hotel Name||Distance||No. of Rooms|
|Little Arches Hotel||1.5 mi.||10|
|Shonlan Airport Hotel||1.8 mi.||11|
|Island Inn Hotel||2.5 mi.||23|
|Treasure Beach Hotel||2.6 mi.||29|
|St. James||3.1 mi.||163|
|Coconut Court Beach Resort||3.1 mi.||126|
|Angler Apartments||3.3 mi.||14|
- Calm waters make for great swimming and relaxing
- Take romantic walks up and down the beach
- Crowds depend on time of day and season
- More lively than some beaches, but less crowded than others like Brandons
- Bell Buoy – 0.6 mi southwest
- Sunbury Plantation House & Museum – historical site near the beach
- Malibu Visitor Center – 0.5 mi northwest
- Mt Gay Rum Visitor Center – 0.5 mi east
|Waterfront Cafe||Creole||lunch & dinner||0.8 mi||SE|
|The Cliff||Contemporary||dinner||2.5 mi||NW|
|Baku Beach Bar||Eclectic||lunch & dinner||3.1 mi||NW|
You can also picnic right on the beach!
- Brandons Beach – 0.7 mi NW, lively beach scene
- Bottom Bay – 14.5 mi NE, secluded and picturesque
- Paradise Beach – 1.2 mi away, calm waters
So in summary, Brighton Beach has a great vibe that’s lively but not too crowded. Convenient location near Bridgetown with lots of dining options. Check it out for your next Barbados vacation!